Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Scumptious V Sandwiches

V Sandwiches on Whyte
I had been hearing about V Sandwiches on Twitter for quite some time before I'd actually managed to visit their location on Whyte Avenue. Although the space looks small from the outside, it actually has an ample amount of seating inside. Their focus is on Vietnamese submarine sandwiches and their menu has both classic Vietnamese sub flavours as well as Asian inspired, all of which come stuffed with cilantro, onions, cucumbers, lettuce and pickled carrots.

Iced Coffee and Sate Chicken Sub
We opted to try both the Sate Chicken and the Grilled Pork sub, along with a Vietnamese Iced Coffee. The iced coffee was pretty good, although I would suggest that they look into providing some sort of liquid sweetener for those who like their coffee with a bit more sweetness like I do.

The submarine buns were nice and crispy, providing a solid base and contrasting texture for the sandwiches. The grilled pork was flavourful and nicely balanced by the tang of the pickled carrots. The sate chicken was my favourite, filled with juicy, soft spicy chicken, balanced out by refreshingly bright and crunchy onions and carrots.

I'll definitely be returning to work my way through their menu.

V Sandwiches
10460 82 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB  T6E 2A2
780-756-9888
Twitter: VSandwiches

Downtown location:

10135 100A Street Northwest
Edmonton, AB T5J 0R5
(780) 426-1888

V Sandwiches (on Whyte) on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I love V's sandwiches. Another good sandwich joint just down the road on Whyte is Nhon Hoa. I actually think their subs are marginally better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the convenience of where V Sandiches are placed is important as well. I loved the sandwich I had there, but I did wish they had a hot drink option, as it was bitterly cold that day, and I would have loved a hot coffee along with my sub.

    ReplyDelete

Note that all comments are moderated prior to posting.

Comments that are offensive and abusive in nature, contain profanity, or demean others will not be posted. You must provide a name in order to post a comment, anonymous comments will not be posted.

Comments that are controversial in nature or generate debate and dialog are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...