Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tantilizing Torta at Corso 32

Breakfast
I started the night with a glass of Gewurztraminer and their "Breakfast" appetizer consisting of a sunny side up egg, ricotta crostini, wilted greens, house cured lonza, cippollini and parmiagiano.  The crostini stayed very crisp underneath under the deliciously oozey egg. My only suggestion to improve this would be to have less greens, as I noted the more I ate, the more of the sour taste I detected.


Spicy Game Hen



My main was a spicy cornish game hen with heirloom tomato panzanella and pickled zucchini. The main was an absolute feast! A very generous portion of spicy, moist and tender meat, and an irresistibly tasty skin.
Chocolate Torta

The star of the night however was dessert!  I ordered a chocolate torta with hazelnuts and I warn you, DO NOT SHARE. Don't even leave it alone with your dining companions. Mine were ready to pounce on it! The chocolate torta transported me to culinary heaven as it melted in my mouth. It was a to die for, reminiscent of a dark chocolate ganauche as opposed to anything resembling a cake. My dining companions had ordered zeppole  with limoncello, an Italian version of donuts drizzled with a lemon liquor. Although they said it was tasty, the minute I relented and could eat another morsel, they eagerly "assisted" in finishing this coveted dessert.

Dining at Corso 32 the other night was a heavenly experience.

Overall, an amazing meal! I look forward to trying out other items on their ever changing menu. Reservations are highly recommended.

Corso Thirty Two
10345 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta
780-421-4622
Twitter: @CORSO32

Corso 32 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that all comments are moderated prior to posting.

Comments that are offensive and abusive in nature, contain profanity, or demean others will not be posted. You must provide a name in order to post a comment, anonymous comments will not be posted.

Comments that are controversial in nature or generate debate and dialog are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...