Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Drift - Mooliciously Addictive

Pork belly, pork belly and pork belly please?
For the longest time, Edmonton has suffered from a lack of mobile eateries, the only in existence being Fat Franks. Thanks to their popularity all over North America, it seems as though more and more are cropping up right in our backyard.

Having heard great things about Drift on Twitter and read @thepolishviking's review, I knew I had to visit.

Their focus is on sandwiches, which they have 9 on their menu to choose from. Although I am not a great lover of sandwiches, I decided to give it a go and was forever changed.

Watching them make the sandwich
The pork belly sandwich I chose came on a ciabatta bun as large as moo! Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, the unmistakable smell of warm bread, intermingled with the incredible smell of pork belly wafted up at me as I received my precious package.

On first bite, I could taste the pickled daikon and carrot, the acidity of which was balanced by the slightly sweet and creamy chili mayo. The juicy and tender pork belly with its bits of fat fell apart and practically dissolved in my mouth as I ate it. The more I ate, the more this magical combination bespelled me and turned me into a Drift Pork Belly sandwich addict - returning for 2 more the next day. Not to mention a duck confit and a chorizo sandwich the next week.

Pork belly sandwich size of moo!
The pork belly sandwich reminded me of a Vietnamese sandwich due to their similar ingredients, but Drift has created a gourmet and irresistible version for the mainstream masses to enjoy!

If you're downtown, Drift is a MUST go to! If you're not downtown, hop the LRT, get off at Corona, and take the 108 St exit, and GO! Regardless of where you work in the city, take a longer lunch and make the trek, you will not regret it!

More photos on Flickr.

Drift
108 St and 100 Ave
Edmonton, AB
Monday to Fridays - 10:00am - 2:00pm (While supplies last)
info@driftfoodtruck.com
Twitter: @driftfoodtruck

Drift Food Truck on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Moo-some! Can't wait to go back and try the duck confit sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the Duck Confit sandwich last week and guess what?

    It was great too!

    But yeah, I have to say my favourite so far is the pork belly... or the back bacon and brie. Hmmm, I sense a side by side taste test in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pork Belly. mmm. I believe they also have falafel? I will investigate and see how it stacks up to the classic I enjoyed in Israel. Thanks Mr. Moo.

    ReplyDelete

Note that all comments are moderated prior to posting.

Comments that are offensive and abusive in nature, contain profanity, or demean others will not be posted. You must provide a name in order to post a comment, anonymous comments will not be posted.

Comments that are controversial in nature or generate debate and dialog are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...